Monday, December 18, 2023

Single-Issue Voter

(Updated 12/18/23: Complete post below. I think SteemIt might be on its last leg.)
(Originally Posted 12/5/06)

TRIGGER WARNING: Gun Stuff. Pun and reality intended.

I am a gun and freedom enthusiast. I always have been. I first shot a gun, when I was six. I got my first subscription to a gun magazine, when I was twelve. I didn't own an actual firearm until I was 19.

I have been all over the map on politics. I voted Republican, Democrat, Perot (whatever the hell he was), split ticket, registered Libertarian recently, and pretty consistently voted Republican over the past 15 years.

But one thing that has grown inside me is an understanding that I am a single-issue voter. In the simplest analysis, I am a pro-gun voter. But if you talk to my Facebook friends, coworkers, analog friends, and neighbors, you would think that I was a libertarian Republican. That isn't the kernel of my truth - simplified or complexified.

In the end, I am an anarchocapitalist. My favorite U.S. document is the Declaration of Independence, despite its specificity. I love the flawed Bill of Rights. The guarantee of free speak and assembly is sacrosanct and needs no government modifications. But the gun is concrete, it is a tool and tactile.


Though I might pledge fealty to certain rights, a Constitution, or amendments, in the end I vote singularly for the gun.

5 comments:

  1. Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! This is my first comment here, so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your articles. I am sharing related topic which is mostly important for How to get free Xbox Live gift cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog. It was very useful for me. your blog have so many legit information and also found some interesting topic is CSUF portal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post i am inspired to your article. Your writing skill is very different, i like your posts. I share important related topic. For more detail visit The Best Google Home-Compatible Devices for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your article. the post has excellent tips which are useful. this post is good in regards of both knowledge as well as information. And you can also check Winrar a software for protecting your files and data from damage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ratings.

Clicky.com

Real Time Web Analytics